Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

3 Cartoon Alters + A Work in Progress

In the... er... rather long time since my last post, I've started using new paints ("Klug-Approved" Golden Fluid Acrylics, as opposed to the Liquitex heavy body paints I've been using thus far), and I've also taken a page from the pros' books and started doing traces onto the card instead of trying to do everything freehand, and making grayscale base coats under the colored paint.

These two are commissions, for Mike and Nick from Magic & Monsters in Mission Viejo, CA:




Yeah, Taz would be more on-theme for Berserk, but Wile is supposed to represent Nick's doomed opponent as he delivers the coup-de-grĂ¢ce with Uril.

Crazy-Cat-Lady Kemba is an alter idea I've been wanting to do for a while now, but finally got around to completing. The Jhoira is for my friend Brian, and is still incomplete, but I figured I'd show a bit of the black-gray-white base-coat method I've been using for my recent alters... it seems to provide better contrast (and smoother texture) than the lazier direct-on-the-cardboard method I used to use.




Original cards may be viewed here:

Ghave, Guru of Spores
Berserk
Kemba, Kha Regent
Jhoira of the Ghitu

That's all, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment